Friday, November 5, 2010

out with the week & in with the weekend

This week has been one of those...one of those hard ones. Don't get me wrong in the big scheme of things, life is pretty great with us. But we have just had one of 'those' where the snot is pouring, sleep is lacking, days at work have been long & stressful and the weekend just can't seem to get here fast enough. I always joke that everyday is groundhog day for me because my job right now is kids but the weekends are always a welcomed break in the routine with our special big guy home with us. We are in a little (or should I say BIG) rough patch with sleep and transitions. Both kids are in beds now...one is adjusting better than the other. I realize the getting out of bed 100x's before actually going to sleep is now our reality but it doesn't make it any less exhausting. It's a new stage and we will get through it. So since I am feeling a little blah I will focus on some bright spots in our week:
- Chloe calling me honey when she wants something
-going upstairs to find the twins laying in bed together 'reading' a book
-The sun & warm temps we have had this week
-The fact that Chloe has a cold and we have not had to do any breathing treatments
-Seeing the smiles on their faces as we arrive at Great Play for their class
-And lastly that I get to stay at home with these two and enjoy all these priceless moments with them.

ok. Here's to a weekend filled with lots of rest and less stress at bedtime (fingers crossed).


This is a typical Saturday morning. Watching college football and holding all of Chloe's babies while she puts each one night-night. Such a good Daddy.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: