 |
I am afraid if I blink I am going to miss something with this kid. He is growing so fast. The days when I could just leave him on the changing table and go put a load of laundry in are long gone as he is trying to roll with all his might. He rolled from tummy to back for the first time when we were in Hawaii. He is trying to arch out of the swing and bouncy seat so it is a must he is always buckled in now. He grabs for toys and puts them in his mouth and I am not positive but I think he might be a thumb sucker. He will take the binky but really prefers sucking on his hands. He just hasn't quite figured out how to get his thumb in his mouth on a regular basis. He had his 4 month well-check last week and he remains at the top of the charts. At 17lbs he is in the 90th percentile & still in the 75-90th for height. He is wearing 6 month clothes & fitting into some 6-9. The twins were always in size-age appropriate clothes (at 4 months they were in 3-6) so this is a a whole new experience for me. We have been doing more bottles and even a little bit of formula while we were in Hawaii so Momma could have a bit of a break & relax. I have to say there is something so liberating about formula. I never care if it gets wasted & you can just make a little bit at a time rather than thawing an entire thing of stored breastmilk. My goal is to at least breastfeed for 6 months and then we will see how it goes from there. I have enjoyed doing it this time around it is so much easier just feeding one baby rather than having to pump milk for two. He still sucks at sleeping...I mean REALLY. The Dr. has given us the go a head to start sleep training him because of his size & also that he is 4 months old now it's ok to start crying it out. We have tried a little bit but I feel like I need to work up to doing it. I know I needed to do that with the twins and eventually we let them cry (I cried to, A LOT) and eventually they started sleeping through the night. So I know there is hope that he WILL at some point sleep & so will we. He is sick as a dog right now. So take a baby that doesn't sleep well normally and give him a really bad cold and you get two really sleep deprived cranky parents.
This to shall pass. This to shall pass. THIS TO SHALL PASS.
Even though he feels terrible and has not slept really at all in the last two+ days he is still smiling. He is a an easy going guy and actually seems to have a little bit of a sense of humor about things. I figure that will be a blessing as he grows having two older siblings that are both demanding.
It was one year ago yesterday that we found out we would be having another baby.
What a shock that was! I mean really.
But now here we are with our last & perfect addition to our family.
Chaseyboy, Baby Chase, Chaselounge, Chaser you have made us complete in so many ways. Xo
love your extremely proud (but exhausted) Momma
2 comments:
Oh, Katie-he is gorgeous. Feel like I'm still getting to know his little face, hope we get to see him before he's all grown up. If it makes you feel better, they only suggest breast feeding for 6 mos here! Love you, will try you this week for a catch up x
Katie,
I just want you to know how much I appreciate your kind words. I'm sorry that you've had to go through a similar situation. But as you know, we are tough mamas...as are our boys!!! xo.
Post a Comment