Wednesday, October 17, 2012

One Year

Little Chase turned ONE last week. Time is moving fast these days. I am watching my baby grow up right before my eyes it seems. I am not sure how I feel about it either...I guess I have no choice in the matter though.  Sometimes I get a little sad as he is our last baby but other times I get excited as his little personality is showing through so much these days. He just keeps on getting more  fun. People often think he just turned two, not one. He is the size of a lot of 18 month olds. He is practicing walking more and more. He is still the happiest, most content, mellow little guy ever. He is getting pretty busy but is always happy with whatever he happens to be exploring. He loves to eat anything and everything the kiddos are eating. He does not like baby food at all anymore and will push away the spoon if you try to feed him. He loves his bottles and I am not about to wean him of those anytime soon.  I remember when the twins turned one we went cold turkey with no bottles. That is one of those things I felt so much pressure to do the first time around but this time I am going to let him be a baby, because he is one :). He is a champion nap'er but still not the best night sleeper. I still don't mind getting up with him, it's our snuggle time. I bet he would actually sleep through the night if I just didn't get up with him but for some reason I just don't want to cry it out with him. And I am fine with it.  I am so obsessed with this little guy,  I want him to stay a baby forever! He is such a little blessing for our family. I think I see another blonde Thurik boy in our future...we shall see though!  His hair is coming in very slowly :)

No comments: