Friday, May 2, 2008

The Bug

I got my first cold of the year this week. I thought I might be able to escape the cold/flu season without getting sick. It hasn't been too horrible but I have definitely not felt well. Jerame has also been sick poor guy. We have just have had so much going on lately that we were both out for the count, luckily we have been able to rest up and I think both of us are feeling better.. I had another Dr. apt today with my OB, it was quick & easy. She measured my tummy which is big for a singleton baby pregnancy which is obviously because I have TWO. There is no denying the fact that I am prego these days. I have strangers talk to me all the time about when I'm due etc etc, it's sort of strange but I try to be as gracious as I can. I think I will draw the line if strangers try to touch my belly though, I have heard that comes next. HA! My favorite is when I tell people I am having twins…a boy & a girl and then they proceed to ask me if they are identical. YES many people have asked me this.
We got to listen to the heartbeats again today, which are still strong & normal. This is probably one of my favorite parts of being pregnant. It's so awesome to hear their little hearts beating away. It's a very surreal and I am quickly reminded that there are actually two humans growing in my body. It makes me so happy and even more excited to meet them! Even though this pregnancy thus far has not been the easiest on me, I can honestly say I have never been so happy & thankful that I am a woman. It is such an incredible and indescribable experience. I feel like God has truly blessed me with the greatest gift of all and I can honestly say I feel like I am exactly where I am supposed to be in my life. Hope to see you all soon…have a great weekend!
xoxo Katie

No comments: