Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Almost 1/2 a year old!

The babies are almost 6 months old. I just can't believe it! They are doing great and becoming more & more like little people everyday. Their personalities remain 100% different and it becomes more apparent all the time that they are unique individuals. It is so hard not to compare them because they are twins but they are just so different and it's impossible to expect them to be doing the same things at the same time. Chloe is all girl and remains our little challenge. She is a very strong willed baby and needs her sleep, food & cuddle time. Sound familiar to all you gals? I think some of her sassyness is genetic :-) She is so soft and sweet though. She is happy just to sit in our lap and soak it all in. She rolled over this morning for the first time Carter is a go'er he is always moving, even in his sleep he moves all over his crib. He has been rolling over for weeks now. I have a feeling once he starts crawling he is going to be hard to catch. He is pretty happy go lucky and is actually turning into a pretty good sleeper now that he can get himself onto his tummy. He is always smiling too which makes our hearts melt. He even smiles at strangers everywhere we go. We are doing far less cry-it-out sessions with the babies as I think they are getting the idea that bedtime means bedtime. We are still working on naps, they are far more challenging. It is still hard for me to get two babies to sleep in the same room at the same time by myself. I am doing the best I can though and I think I'm doing a pretty good job if I don't say so myself! Jerame's traveling has really picked up for the last few months. It's been hard having him gone so much & trying to handle it by myself. Thankfully I have had help from family & friends. It's tough on him to be gone too because he misses the babies. I can't even imagine being away from them 1 night let alone weeks on end. Life is pretty simple for me which is nice I love being a Mommy to our precious little angels.
Always smileing

Pretty Baby
Milk Face


Gettting some cuddles in before heading out to
the airport.
I put the babies on the floor to go & make bottle's
and the picture below is what I came back to 2 minutes
later...

Carter had somehow gotten her shoes off and was
trying to eat Chlo's feet. So funny.



Giving kisses

I LOVE my feet!

It's SO nice just to be able to put the babies
down on the floor with toys and they will play while
I take a shower or fold laundry. I know this stage doesn't
last for long though because soon they will be crawling and I
won't be able to leave them for a minute!
New toy...the jumper-a-roo!

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh they're getting so big! They're absolutely gorgeous Katie!

Melis said...

Oh I miss them!

The Haigh's said...

Those pictures are great. I love the one of Carter eating Chloe's feet.

Joe and Ronda said...

They are just so beautiful...

Unknown said...

Precious!

Michelle said...

Oh they are so cute and smiley! So great to see you last weekend :)