We have had a big week so far...
Bella our dearly loved Boxer turned 3 years old on Monday. Jerame & I were just coming up on our 1 year wedding anniversary when we decided to get her (almost 4 years ago). It has been one of the best decisions we have ever made. I just can't even imagine our lives without her. She has brought so much joy & unconditional love into our family. Although she doesn't get nearly as much attention or cuddles as she did before the babies arrived she is just as happy to be near us. She literally follows me around from room to room all day long. She has adjusted so well to the babies and seems to really love them. I think she will enjoy them even more when they can play with her. Sometimes I just wish she wouldn't lick them so much. That's all she wants to do...partly I think because she likes to lick the spit-up off of their faces. Gross I know. I also got the confirmation this week that Bella is a very patient doggy when I found her laying next to Carter while he was sucking on her paw. At first I was super disturbed by the sight of this but then I realized that I better get over it because he is going to do many more interesting things like this as he gets more and more curious. Anyway...Happy Birthday to our very first baby.
The babies also turned 8 months old this week! Can you believe it? I sure can't. They are getting really heavy and must both be approaching the 20lbs mark. I can't pick them up both at the same time anymore so I am doing a lot of trips back and forth up & down my stairs everyday. It's actually a really good work out. They are eating 3 meals a day now of solid baby food and just love to eat! Meal time is fun and the babies just love to hangout in their highchairs. I think their favorite foods so far would have to be yogurt & prunes. I think Carter is going to be our picky eater. He more often than not spits out what we are trying to feed him. By the 3rd or 4th bite he normally thinks it's ok. Chloe seems to like pretty much everything. She just gobbles up whatever I put in front of her. We are slowly trying to introduce people food. They don't seem to like solid things in their mouths though they just spit it right out. It's actually really entertaining to watch. They are getting the hang of picking little things up off of their trays but haven't yet made the connection that it is supposed to go in their mouths. This is when Bella thinks meal time is really fun! Carter is still army crawling but he can move fast. I can't take my eyes off him for a minute. He also just learned how to pull himself up on things in the last two days or so. I have a feeling he is going to be walking before we know it. He is such a strong little dude. Chloe is not crawling yet but she is close. She can scoot herself in circles and has perfected getting into a sitting position from just about anywhere. I think she is going to take after me & be a ballerina. She seems to have such good balance for such a little thing. They still really enjoy going for walks and love getting outside. I took them to Greenlake on Monday, it was such a beautiful sunny day.
I just really can't believe how fast the past 8 months have gone. They have gone from little tiny infants that sleep, poop & eat to little mini people that smile, laugh and more than anything make us laugh. Everyday they do something new and are becoming such unique individuals each with their own gifts. I just can't explain how much I love these babies and how lucky I feel to be their Mommy.
They are the light of our lives.
We have been so very blessed.




3 comments:
Chloe is just like Presley and Carter is just like Cash. Cash is the pickiest eater and Presley will eat everything. So funny!! You are doing such a good job Katie! I love reading your blog, bc it brings back exactly what i would do. Doesn't it get harder when they get bigger, doing extra trips? Just wait until they aren't in their infant carriers and you have to put them both in the car. You'll come up with some creative ways. They are getting so big!!
Happy Birthday to Bella and the babies! You gave me a good laugh when I read that Carter was sucking on Bella's paw - I can definitely picture that happening to Kenai. We are lucky to have such great boxers.
Such happy babies!! You need to frame that picture of them in the hammock. Happy birthday to your first baby, Bella. Let's do another play date soon. Love you!
Post a Comment