Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Finally Better!

Things are finally looking up for us over here! As a lot of you know we have had a rough past month or two. It all started when Jerame got his wisdom teeth out and got the most severe case of dry sockets a person can get. He suffered through some excruciating pain all the while trying to work and help take care of the twins. Then literally the same day the teeth started to feel better he broke his hand. The following week after visiting a hand specialist it was decided that surgery was the best option to help the hand heel. So he went under the knife to have a metal pin inserted into his hand. Ouch. He has been in a cast for the past 3 weeks and will wear it for hopefully only two more depending on how the heeling is going. Fingers crossed **Luckily the hand he broke is the left one and he does have use of his pointer finger and thumb. So again we have been struggling to take care of two babies down one hand. The math on this just doesn't work...two babies and 3 adult hands. He is not really supposed to even be picking up babies but of course this has been impossible so we are doing the best we can to give his hand a rest. Lets just say that I have changed A LOT of diapers over the course of the last few weeks. To top everything off our entire household came down with the stomach flu this past week. The babies had it last Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. Jerame got it on Friday and I got it on Sunday. Happy Mothers Day to me. It was the sickest Jerame & I have been since we can ever remember. It really was a bummer because Jerame was so very sweet to have surprised me and planned this wonderful night for the two of us to stay downtown & have dinner out to celebrate my 1st Mothers Day. Maybe we can celebrate Fathers Day & Mothers together this year? Speaking of Mom's thank goodness for my wonderful Mom, bless her heart has been over here helping us through all of this because I really don't know how we could have done it without her help. She was over here at the drop of a hat knowing that we were all sick our house was infested with sickness and that she could very well get what we had. Jerame's sisters also came to help us knowing we were all sick which was so nice. Since then I have had the help of a few Nanny's as I wasn't feeling 100% feeling until today. Needless to say I think we are on the up and up. I actually just got a call from Jerame and he said his cast will most likely be taken off a week from Friday!!!

Despite all of our ailments the babies are as cute as ever and just keep changing and learning to do new things everyday. Chloe is full on crawling now and can beat her brother to the toys when she wants to. She tends to be the toy stealer while Carter will most often just watch her take it out of his hands and happily go and find another toy to play with. Both babies are full on teething...drooling, chewing, diaper rash the list goes on and on. NOT fun! Poor things it must be so uncomfortable for them. Today has been a very special day so far as it was the first time I have actually really seen them interactively have fun together. They kept crawling towards each other in my kitchen and laughing right as they got close to one another. They must have done it 4 times. It was hilarious!!! Chloe now dances to music and claps her hands on demand. Carter is pulling himself up on just about everything and will momentarily let go and try to balance. I think I see walking in his not to distant future. They will turn 9 months old next week. Time is flying and it makes me a little sad seeing my not so little babies grow up so fast!!!!


Can you see Carter's bruise collection on his head?


They had so much fun ripping up mommy's magazines


Matt came to see the babies last week and I knew
that Chloe wasn't feeling good when she sat like this with
him for a long time. They never sit still anymore!

1 comment:

The Haigh's said...

Oh poor things - I had no idea that you got it as well. Glad to hear you are feeling better though. The babies are beginning to look like little people.