Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter & Crib Climbers

We had a nice Easter holiday this year! Jerame & I had fun doing the shopping for the Easter Bunny & the twins thoroughly enjoyed their baskets . It felt a bit like Christmas as we were so excited for them to wake up in the morning and for them to see their new toys. We spent the morning with Jerame's family having breakfast, playing with a bubble machine, egg hunting & visiting with the real live Easter bunny. Then we came home for an afternoon nap and then we were off to Nana & Grandpa's house for dinner where we did more egg hunting & jelly bean eating. It was so weird...none of the kids ate their dinner...imagine that after all those jelly beans?!!
It has been very interesting around our house this week as Carter & Chloe are both officially climbing out of their cribs. I have had a few discouraging days this week dealing with two toddlers that did not nap because they decided to get out of their cribs and play instead. For some reason I thought this was not supposed to start happening until much later?! I definitely am not ready for this and thought we should have more time with the luxury of cribs & safe containment? But nope...not our crazy little kiddos. Jerame & I are both in agreement that they are so not ready for toddler beds. That would just be too much freedom & we do not feel like they would have enough self control at this point. Plus they are sharing a room and we are just not sure how that would work. So after a mini-breakdown on my part last night after struggling with no-nap grumpy kids all day Jerame came up with the bright idea of just laying their mattresses on the floor inside their cribs. This makes it so there is no possible way for them to jump out (well at least for a little while until they grow taller). But as Jerame reminded me once again last night, that this is just a new stage. We will get through it. They will figure it out and we will all come out together on the other side of our new battle. I am beginning to understand the challenges that are posed with having toddlers. They are definitely entering a new stage of defiance and Independence. Lets just say we have started time-outs...now if they are working or not...that is up for debate :-).

Above all else though I am still madly in love with my babies (yes, they are still babies to me).


egg hunting with Grandpa Jerry

at Nana's house

The real Easter bunny (or Uncle Ken?) :-)

The Easter Bunny came!!!

and brought the twinnies a radio flyer wagon!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no....i feel your pain. Hang in there. I have found that every stage has it's ups and downs. I like how jerame said that you'd get through this...what a great guy. I feel like once you get used to something, it changes and with 2 babies, it's a much more harder adjustment. Just remember....we had 2 babies at the same time and have gotten this far...we can do it!! Ps...i am jealous of Chloe's hair..it's georgous!