Monday, January 10, 2011

SeaHAWKS!!!

Ok so I am not the BIGGEST football fan out there but we went to the Seahawks playoff game this past Saturday and I have to say it was one of the most fun times I have ever had in my life. The energy in that stadium was pure magic and it was so exciting to see our 'underdog' team come out and win against the defending national champs.


The Seattle Seahawks home crowd is called the "12th Man" on their football team and now we have seismic proof of their deafening roar.

King 5 News in Seattle, the local NBC affiliate posted an item on its Facebook page that is positively astounding. It's almost hard to believe except it comes from some reputable sources and hasn't been denied in the hours after its posting.

A seismic chart for the time period prior to, during and after the Marshawn Lynch stunning 67 yard touchdown run, measured the ground movement in and and around QWest Field. Although it was barely noticeable, it registered as a slight earthquake. You can see it posted to the right of this article. Here's what King 5 had to say:

"The Pacific Northwest Seismic Network captured this reading from a sensor near where the Kingdome once was. It registered about the same time that Marshawn Lynch made that spectacular touchdown run. Can you say Beast Mode?" ---via : http://www.huliq.com

I loved this little blurb on a website I found. I do not doubt that a minor earthquake was created by the noise in that stadium. It truly was amazing.

The twins are still recovering from that very nasty bug that hit them late last week. We ended up having to take Chlo into be seen on Saturday because of her reactive airway stuff and she was diagnosed with Croup. Poor baby. So they have been putting in some major movie time over the coarse of the last several days. Parents of the year I tell you :) Hey, we do what we have to do.

1 comment:

The Evolving Mama said...

I love that you were at the game. We were screaming in our house so loud. Our dogs ended up upstairs in our house because they were so freaked out! Glad you had a good time -- that one will most definitely go down in the memory books! Take care Katie! Hope to see you soon!