Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kauai

The 4 of us took a little over two week vacation to Kauai, HI during the last 1/2 of May. It was our first family vacation with just the 4 of us, it was really special. Although I wouldn't say it was the most relaxing trip ever because we were vacationing with two 2 year olds , it was awesome to get some really good family time in and it was a wonderful experience for both of them. We felt like they did a lot of growing & growing-up on the trip. It was good timing with my pregnancy as well because I was barely even showing and in the 2nd trimester good phase of it all.  I kinda popped out the 2nd week we were there and really started feeling him move all around which was exciting. I did really miss enjoying the tropical adult drinks but I had my fair share of virgin ones just to feel festive. But lets face it they really are not even close to the same thing.
I was really concerned about how the twins would do on the plane ride and they actually did pretty good considering it's an almost 6 hour journey. The first week we spent just the 4 of us and we spent lots of time at the beach and pool at the house. Then we were joined by Jerame's cousin's family (whose house we were staying in) for part of the 2nd week. They have two young kids as well and it was fun to have all the kids play together.  The last few days of the trip were a super big bummer for me though because I got really sick after having a really bad allergic reaction to something I put on my skin. So sick in fact that I ended up at the ER at Harbor View a few days after our return home. Needless to say that story is for an entirely different blog post. I felt so bad that our trip ended the way it did but we still made the best of it and stayed at the beautiful Hyatt Hotel our last night there.  Chloe turned into a little fish over the course of the two weeks and loved the pools at the Hyatt. We got them these little swimming vests that they can actually swim in unassisted. Chloe was doing the water slides & doing cannon balls into the pool. She thinks she can swim now like a big girl. All in all we had a wonderful time and it was a trip neither of us will soon forget.  Hard to believe the next big trip we do we will have 3 kids!  I think we will most certainly be bringing help on that trip :)
These pictures are from the first few days. I have lots more that I will share but am unable to download them to my computer right now. So many more to come!


















2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love the Hyatt! We had cocktails there one afternoon - sigh! Kiddies look so cute! Glad to hear you're feeling better after whatever happened - yeowza.

Jen said...

Great pics, Katie! Love that a) you wore a bikini (I thought this was totally ok until I read some comments about Jessica Alba when she wore when preggo that were really awful and she's Jessica Alba!) and b) in those top 2 pics with Chloe you look that great whilst poolside! I totally thought that you were out to dinner until I noticed C's suit. So sorry to hear about your sick/allergy experience, sounds v scary. Look forward to seeing more and catching up soon x