It's a new year already...Christmas has come & gone and I feel like my head is starting to slowly stop spinning. Have been wanting to post an update on us but have found it's hard to find the time lately, that or I haven't been to sure what to say or what I want to share on here. In short, we got a huge dose of perspective over the coarse of the last few weeks. The little things just don't seem matter anymore and the big things like the health of our children & family/friends do. Jerame & I remind each other of this on a daily basis. Without going into to much detail... we had a major health scare with our biggest boy. Based on some of the symptoms he was having a series of blood tests were ordered, an MRI of his Brain & Spine and not to mention several very scary doctors visits. When your pediatrician has no reassuring words and tears up while sitting in complete silence it is never good. Jerame & I experienced some of the worst feelings of our lives. BUT the GOOD news is. He is doing better and there has been no recurrences of his symptoms since the last major episode. There is still no solid explanation for what happened & why. But we will take it and as our Pediatric Neurologist said the less we know the better. Meaning that the best scenario would be that it just never happens again and we never know what exactly it was. We are so lucky to live in a city with access to a world renown Children's Hospital. I can not say enough good about Seattle Childrens. I hate that we have been there so much but am so very grateful it is there for us & that it is the amazing facility it is. It goes without saying we are thankful and everyday that we have a healthy, jumping, running, happy boy we will take. We are not totally out of the woods yet as the MRI surfaced a totally unrelated issue that needs to be looked into now. We have been reassured not to worry so that is the route we are taking. We have been humbled that is for sure. Your thoughts/prayers are still appreciated for us & most importantly our boy. WE seriously could not have gone through this without the support of our family & friends.
We had a wonderful Christmas but will save that for different post. I got a new Camera lens for my DSLR camera for Christmas & it takes beautiful pictures. I am having trouble with my lap top right now so am unable to download any new pics from my camera. So I m left with only the pictures from my phone to share.
Chase continues to be such a joy in our little family. He is now 3 months as of 1/8. He is going on his 100th cold . The good news is, he will have an immune system made out of steel when he is a toddler. Nights get better between colds but once he gets a new one he has a hard time sleeping which means I am up a lot with him. He is not a huge fan of the swing, bouncy chair or front pack. Loves the playmat and if he is not being held will stay there the longest. His favorite place to be other than our arms is in the car seat. This we feel lucky for! He is a great little traveler and will sleep the day away if we are out & about. He laughed for the 1st time yesterday and is smiling up a storm. He barely ever cries and when he does something is normally wrong. He still pukes like no other baby I have ever seen. I do LOTS of laundry over here. I hate laundry. Well, I actually don't hate it that much it's just that I never have time to do it so it just sits. I am sure I am not the only one but it's just that thing that's always in the back of my mind when I have a spare minute (like now) saying you should really be folding laundry. It's a revolving door...once I feel like it all gets done there is another pile. So annoying!

3 comments:
I know all too well what you've gone through, and I am VERY sorry! The hard part about not knowing is trying to figure it out. It's like throwing a dart. In the mean-time, the children suffer. Everyone always tells me that he's a kid and he'll bounce back just fine. Easier said than done. It's very hard on both the children and the parents.
I'm happy to hear he is okay!!! Prayers for your family during these difficult times!!
Katie, so happy to hear things are going better and the really scary part is over. I know there's more ahead, but we all love you guys and are thinking and praying for you everyday. BIG HUGS! And here's to 20 Mai Tais - you deserve it!
Been thinking of your family, please continue to keep us posted - sending prayers your way!
Post a Comment