Thursday, September 6, 2012

10 months

With the craziness of our summer I missed Chase's 9 month post and here he is going on 11 months in a few days. Time is just going to fast with this little guy. While he STILL has not slept an entire night through (#whatamIdoingwrong)  I find myself getting very sad about the fact that he is growing up.   The baby stage just goes to fast for words.  So while he is technically still 10 months I thought I would sneak a 10 month post in. Our summer has been absolutely crazy between moving out of our old house, living with my parents for a month+ and then moving into our new house. All with 3 kids all 4 & under + a dog. Wowzers. We survived though and now we are getting settled into our new beautiful home. Which we have all worked so hard to get into starting back in April when we listed our old house for the 2nd time. Have I mentioned how brutal I thought those months of showing our house were? Ok...moving on. 
Chasey, you are such a joy to our family. You say da da da when you see your Dad walk in the door after work. You two have developed quite the little bond. Your brother & sister still love to come screaming into your room after each nap you wake up from and greet you with a hero's welcome each and every time. You squeal, laugh & sometimes half cry as normally you are still trying to wake up. Your sleepy face after you first wake up has to be one of my favorite things. You are crawling up a storm and love to escape when I am not looking and b-line it straight for the stairs and laugh away as you climb them as fast as you can. I need to come up with some baby gates here pronto but have not been able to come up with one long enough...currently I have a step ladder across the top of the stairs. Ya, not so safe.  You did your first overnight without your Momma  at Nanny & Papa's last weekend and you did great only waking up once (which is believe it or not a successful night around here).  I know I missed you more than you could have ever missed me.You love to eat and will eat everything/anything we are eating.  Your Dad thinks I am crazy because I cut your food into the smallest pieces...so small that you have a hard time picking them up. What can I say I am just a little neurotic about choking. 
You are still the most easy going baby. Along for the ride most of the time and 99% of the time pretty happy about it. You spent a good majority of your day in the car yesterday and you just happily talked to yourself or laughed at your brother in the back seat when he makes faces at you (by the way minivans are THE BEST....minivan-haters you have no idea what you missing :) ha!.  You have 4 teeth (top two and bottom two). You are not showing much interest in walking yet but that's ok because that just means you will be into more stuff. You weighed 22lbs at your 9 month appointment. Your sister weighed that much when she was 2! You are one healthy happy baby. You are such a blessing for our family and I love to see you grow & explore in this crazy little family of ours.  
But in all seriousness little dude why don't you sleep? Sleeping is cool and it would make your Momma sooooooo happy and a little less grumpy in the morning if you would just sleep an entire night through. Love you little guy, you have my heart in your hand baby boy. xo


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this post! Makes me feel like I *almost* know little Chase! My God, how in the world have you survived without a full night's sleep though?!

Coug Gal said...

Just wanted to show my support from another mom of a child who has not slept through the night yet! He is so cute!