Saturday, February 23, 2008

12 weeks

We had our 12 week doctors appointment as the Maternal Fetal Medicine clinic yesterday. This is the 'high risk' doctors office, all twin pregnancies are considered high risk. We loved the office and all the people there were really friendly and made us feel very comfortable. We will go there once a month to have our ultrasounds which is far more than you would have in a singleton pregnancy. Both Jerame & I were really anxious in the weeks we spent waiting for this appointment to arrive. It has seemed like an eternity since we last saw them in the ultrasound. Thank you to everyone who has been thinking & praying for us, we really feel so very blessed with support. I am so happy to report that the appointment went wonderful! Both babies are the right size and look great. They named the babies, Baby 'A' & Baby 'B'..... we got a really good look at baby B but A was a little harder to see due to his or her position. They were both moving all around and looked as if they were doing little cheerleading moves….it was so cute. It is SO crazy to see it on the screen because I can't feel any of it. I am so excited for the day when I can actually feel them moving. We got some very cool photos of them and once I can figure out how to scan them into our computer I will post them. I am still feeling pretty crumby and am hoping I start feeling better soon. I feel like I have been so unproductive during the last month, I still have laundry I did two weeks ago that I haven't folded. I guess I have to keep reminding myself that making two babies is hard on a girl! I am just so exhausted with even the slightest bit of activity. Time seems to be going by quickly which is good, I can't believe we are1/3 of the way! Jerame & I were just talking this morning about how fast August is going to come, how exciting!!!!
To add more joy & excitement to our week...our family welcomed a new addition on Tuesday February 19th, Skyler Jane Schramm 7 pounds 9oz. Proud parents Lyra & Ken are doing well and are at home now adjusting to life with a little one. Skyler is beautiful and healthy, what more can a family ask for! Jerame's Dad, Paul, came over for the weekend to meet his new Granddaughter. As always it was fun to have him stay for the weekend. We wish he lived closer but we appreciate the time spent with him while he is in town!I promise to post photo's this week.

No comments: