Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tough Week :-)

This has been a hard week for me. I have been feeling really terrible and actually had to go home from work one day because I was feeling so sick. I sit conveniently on the other side of the building from the bathrooms, this is not good for a pregnant person. I kept having false alarms, thinking I was going to get sick and running 1/2 a mile from my desk to the bathroom just plainly looks weird and is also no fun. I think after that day a lot of people now suspect that I might be pregnant :-). Yesterday was little better and today seems to be yet even better. After learning at our Dr. appointment on Friday that I need to try and eat 175 grams of protein a day I think my body is on overload. I have been drinking lots of protein drinks, dairy and trying to get the meat in there too but it's been so hard with how sick I've been feeling. Jerame has been a wonderful support and very cute (sometimes annoyingly) about my eating. He is just so concerned that we are all (me & the babies) getting what we need. I have been a bit frustrated the past couple of days however because sometimes I feel like 'what I ate today' is all we talk about! Needless to say overall things are going great and we feel very blessed to be in the position we are in.
My mom and I are off to Florida tonight for the weekend. One of my very best friends, Erica Carbone, is getting married. I am going to be the pregnant bridesmaid, yipeee! Packing for this trip was a little challenging because I am still fitting into my normal clothes (although very snugly)....they just don't look as good as they normally do. Oh well, I just have to remember that gaining weight is the name of this game!!!! We opted to take the red-eye when we booked the flight, I am not really sure what we were thinking. It is going to be a LONG night. I really hope I can sleep otherwise I am going to be a nightmare to travel with. Sorry Mom!!! I am really looking forward to seeing Erica, it's been almost 3 years since I have seen her. It will be fun to have a girls weekend away with my Mom as well! I think Jerame is happy to have a bachelor weekend ahead of him..... he has invited a bunch of buddies over for a poker party on Saturday night. I still haven't figured out our scanner. I'll keep working at it though.

No comments: