Friday, February 15, 2008

Exciting News

We have decided to start a blog to keep our friends and family in the loop as we embark upon this new and exciting chapter in our lives. Jerame and I found out on Christmas that we are expecting! At our 1st ultrasound appointment on January 18th we found out that we are having TWINS. My Dad is a twin so I guess it shouldn't have been as shocking as it was for us but we were just hoping to see one strong heartbeat and to our surprise they found TWO beating away strongly. It was truly a surreal moment for both Jerame & I, one we will cherish forever. I wish someone would have captured our expressions when they told us we have two babies!!!! HA! After hearing those heartbeats it made this experience seem all the more real and exciting. Shortly after we found out it was twins we were off to Europe for a weeks vacation in Italy. We went to Venice, Florence and Rome....it was a very special and romantic trip. I am so glad we did it, who knows when we might have the chance again. I didn't get to enjoy the fantastic Italian wine but I did live vicariously through Jerame as I think he had enough for the both of us :-) I have been extremely tired and dealing with the oh so fun nausea stuff but have been feeling better over the coarse of the last few days so maybe, just maybe I am almost done with that part. We go for our next ultrasound next Friday, that will be a big appointment. They do lots of testing and screening for different things, please keep us in your prayers as we get through the next couple of weeks .....they are big!!!