Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weekend with Family

Jerame's family from Denver was here last weekend. We had such good visit with them. We got the twins out all weekend and did several meals at restaurants! It was our first experience with all that so I was a little stressed about how it was all going to go but they were just little troopers. They really only seemed to cry and get fussy when they were hungry and all the other time they spent sleeping. It was nice to have so many arms around to hold babies. It was a perfect weekend to have company because the weather was amazing. I wish our weather could be like that all the time. Now the honeymoon is over and we will be seeing rain for the next 6 months...how depressing!
The babies didn't sleep much last night so we are exhausted today. They are both sleeping right now though so I am sneaking a few minutes to myself. My job is 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Whoever said being a Mom is easy has never had kids or twins for that matter. The babies have both developed a 'witching' hour between 7 to 9pm they are absolute terrors during this time. Both of them cry and cry. It seems to be around the time Jerame gets home from work. By that time I am normally just so burnt out on everything that he gets to come home to a house full of fun :-) Everyone says it's going to get better and better...I am so glad!


Uncle Brad, Jerame & Chloe

The whole group after breakfast on Sunday. What
a Beautiful day!

Jerame's cousin Ellen & sister Arielle




Uncle Brad & I


Our neice Olivia and Cousin's daughter Sara


Jerame's Dad & Carter


Daddy & Son





3 comments:

Jen said...

Gosh, how tiny are the twins?! Guess you don't realise when you see them with each other, but with "real" people you realise how small they still are. Looks like you two had a great weekend and that life is getting back to "normail" slowly but surely x

Ronda Miller said...

It's so adorable to hear your thoughts. I remember those "witching hours" but it does get better for sure.. then just as it does, they turn into a teenager... :) well motherhood is a journey for sure. With tons of support, friends and wine we will all make it through.. You are so blessed!

Unknown said...

Oh, I totally remember the witching hour! I used to dread that time of day! It gets better, I promise. Just try to get through the day. It seems like your doing great! They are so tiny and cute!!!