Thursday, October 30, 2008

10 weeks old

I can't believe the babies are 10 weeks old today. It feels so weird to think that they are now into the double digit numbers in weeks. One of my friends stopped by today with her new baby who was 5 pounds 14oz at birth and he seemed so tiny compared to my babies. It's strange to think they were smaller than that at birth. 10 weeks later and I still haven't sent my thank you cards for all the gifts we were given. I think new Moms especially twins Moms should be exempt from sending thank you cards. Don't you?! The days just still seem to fly right by. Its sad but I feels so accomplished if I can fit a load of laundry or make our bed during the day. Its the simple things that make me feel good these day! My next goal is to actually try to put something together for dinner before Jerame gets home from work. I think he might be shocked the day that happens. I figure if I am going to be home now I better start learning how to cook. The babies are better about wanting to go in their swings now so it allows me just a little tiny bit more time during the day to do stuff around the house.
My Grandma took me shopping the other day at Nordstrom. We took the babies, it was their first big shopping trip. They did pretty good! It's so funny people just can't seem to get enough of these babies. Everyone is just so intrigued by the twins factor. I always put a pink blanket on Chloe and a Blue on Carter so people know they are a boy and a girl. Although it's funny lots of people still ask me what I have. I think it must be just a way to strike up the convo...sometimes if I am walking through the mall or something I just avoid eye contact with people because I am sure to be stopped every 10 feet otherwise!
Tomorrow is Halloween and we are dressing the babies up as Dalmatian puppies. Our day is going to be pretty eventful too! I will take the babies into Jerame's office in their costumes because they have a little trick-or-treating event organized at his work. It will be fun to show them off in their cute little costumes. I will take pictures of the in their outfits tomorrow. I'm excited it's almost the weekend again. I LOVE weekends now more than ever. This is mostly because Jerame is home and we get to spend time together with the babies. I just love my family to pieces. It's so fun because all we can really do now on the weekend is hang out together with the babies. All the other chores and stuff that I always stressed out about doing and getting done
on the weekends just don't seem that important at all. I don't really have any recent pictures to post I will take some tomorrow & get some on here.
.
another one of my favorites that the photographer took.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I love that you have stopped stressing about the little things and look forward to the family times.

I can't wait to see their costume pics!