Friday, July 3, 2009

Whidbey Island & 10 months old

We spent the weekend & the first part of this week on vacation with Jerame's family. We rented a beach front house in Mutiny Bay on Whidbey Island. It was a gorgeous spot and a trip we will all remember forever! All the cousins had a blast playing and it was just so nice to all be together. We went in celebration of Jerame's Mom's 60th birthday. It was so wonderful to share her birthday with her and I know it was just as special for her to have all of her kids & grandkids in one place.
The babies are also now 10 months oldl! Chloe took her first steps yesterday, I think she will be running by the end of August. At least that is our prediction! I don't think Carter is too far behind but he seems pretty content crawling for now. We have gotten our house pretty much baby proofed so it has made our lives SO much better just being able to let them cruise around. They are much happier being able explore than being contained to a small little play area. It is so insane that they will be turning 1 in no time. We have started talking about what we will do for their 1st birthday party and the first thing Jer said was...."We should get a keg". So funny. Totally Jerame style :-)
We are having such a fun summer so far & it's only going to get better. This time last year I was laying on my couch on bedrest, hot, terrified & miserable. No thank you!!
We don't have any major plans this weekend which actually feels so nice. Being away for the past two weekends in a row feels like a lot with two little ones. We are going to visit friends and maybe go to the Bothell parade for the 4th. Here are some pics from the weekend at Whidbey...


Sunset & view from the house

Chloe sporting the ribbon off of Grandma's gift

Chloe thought it was great to keep stealing her brothers food.
These portable highchairs were so key to our trip. They are great, I
would highly reccomend these to everyone.

hanging out on the deck

Happy Birthday Grandma Jane!



Lyra & Ken's daughter Skyler

Cute little girls in the sand

The group

Showing the babies the ocean

They absolutely loved playing in the sand. It was so
messy though!

Olivia

Family

2 comments:

Melis said...

That looked like a fun trip! What are your plans Mon-Wed? Let me know if you want to get together!

Jen said...

I mean if you're going to polish off a bottle of tequila at a baby shower a keg is totally normal for a 1st b-day party, right?! ;). I wish we could be there for their 1st, I can't believe how quick they have grown and how they get cuter every day. Looks like you had a great family weekend-bet a year ago you never thought you would be able to pull something off like that with two little babies. You guys are amazing parents! Miss you x