Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bye Bye Binkie????


To anyone that knows Chloe very well knows that the binkie & Chloe pretty much have been one in the same for the past  year of her life. The first night we gave her a pacifier was day two in the hospital and she had to get some blood taken in the NICU because she had a little bit of a fever. Anyway, since that night she has been inseparable with that binkie. She has always wanted nothing to do with blankets or loveys she only wanted binkies to go to sleep. So we would routinely put between 3 to 6 binkies in her crib at night and she would hold them while she put herself to sleep. Well, to our great surprise last week out of the blue she decided that she now wants nothing to do with it. She will put it in her mouth and hold it there with her teeth but she does not suck on it. I think this is our window of opportunity to have them disappear all together?! Both Jerame & thought she would be a child that would have her binkie to sleep for years to come. It is a little funny that SHE is the one who has decided that she is done with it because we probably would have kept giving it to her for far too long. I will admit we have used that thing as a little bit of a crutch as often times it was our only way to get her to sit in the stroller, car seat etc w/out completely freaking out. I am not sure I AM ready for the bink to be gone? 

1 comment:

Tara Holmes said...

Justin and I are "training" Jackson to hold one just so he will do something besides EAT. Ha ha. I love the picture I got in my head of the 3-6 binkies in the crib.