Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Festive!

I just love this weather....cold & sunny. It reminds me of the weather in Pullman! I love looking out my window and seeing the sun, it just makes everything look good. I am just thankful we don't have snow. I think I will go bonkers if we get the never ending snow storm again this Christmas. At least the twins are much easier to handle now & I would not be stuck at home for days, weeks on end by myself with 4month old twins. It makes me shiver just remembering how exhausting this time last year was. No thank you!!!! This December will be much more fun ;-)

We are in full swing of the holidays and I am finding that I am really excited for Christmas this year. There is just something about having kids & Christmas! I think it is making me relive the excitement I felt for Christmas as a kid. The twins won't fully understand Christmas this year, but they will still have some fun tearing apart packages and eating the paper I'm sure. Jerame & I were joking around and saying that we should take the toys out of the boxes and wrap both the toy & the box. They will probably think they are equally as interesting! The twins are at such a fun age.

Last weekend we felt like doing something festive as a family so we packed up and headed down to Seattle to take in the holiday sights! We walked around for a bit, got coffee, went for a ride on the carousel, and ate some delicious kettle corn. It was really fun.

The twins had their 15 month check-up last week. The Dr. was very pleased with what she saw and even mentioned again that they are both doing a few things that are a little developmentally a head (they are obviously going to be geniuses). Carter is growing nicely and has stayed along the same growth pattern which is good. He weights 21lbs 10oz and is in the 75-90th percentile for height! Chloe on the other hand had dropped a little bit in her weight gain. To our surprise she is still just under 20lbs. at 19lbs 14oz. Her rate of gain has slowed so we have been instructed to add little extras into her food. Like heavy cream & extra butter :-). The Dr. was not especially concerned, just wants us to help her make every bit of food 'count' that she eats. But all in all they are healthy, strong & growing up too fast!


Carter was not too enthused about riding on the Carousel
under no condition was he getting on the horse so, Jerame
held onto him for the ride and he was ok with that. Funny boy.


Chlo on the other hand was a big fan and loved it!
big girl. She was so serious.

This is what happened when we tried to get her off of the horse.
We got some laughs from onlookers. lol.

1 comment:

Tara Holmes said...

Ha ha!! love the dismount picture and the fact that they will have fun ripping up their presents! cute knaus!