Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Trip to Dana Point, CA

I can't believe it is already Febuary. January went by so quickly and seemed a little hazy between our family being sick and Jerame's crazy travel schedule. It seems like we have been hit hard this year with colds, flu and other random sicknesses. It's been difficult to keep the twins healthy for any long stretch of time. It is frustrating for us and even more miserable for the poor little stinkers. Everyone keeps telling me it is quite normal for toddlers to get sick a lot but I think it just gets magnified with the two of them sick at the same time every time. Last week Jerame was gone on a work trip and the day before he left I came down with a horrible cold/flu. It was the same thing, I think, that Carter & Chloe both had the week before last. It was horrible. After struggling through the first few days with him away, I finally went to the Dr. and was put on meds for a double ear infection & sinus infection. Thankfully, we spent the 1st half of the week at my Mom & Jerry's house so I could have help (and company) whilst being sick. Thank goodness for them. Jer came home Thursday night and was home for 1 day and then we were off to southern CA for Jerame's work 'incentive trip'. Every year the people that meet their objectives on Jerame's team are rewarded with a fun filled weekend somewhere nice. The trip this year seemed extra special to me as everyone was treated to spa appointments, a cocktail party, a day of sailing, and a wonderful dinner at a gorgeous restaurant in Laguna Beach. We stayed at the luxury hotel, The St. Regis in Dana Point. This year there was 35+ people that attended all bringing a spouse or date with them. The weather was for the most part sunny and in the mid 60's. Not that warm but defiantly warmer than here. It was wonderful!

I forgot my camera so here are a few pictures courtesy of Amy Craver-Walton, a local photographer & friend of ours.



Day of sailing



Some of the girls after dinner

Pool at the hotel

Beautiful Monarch Beach

One of the other boats from the team

There was a beautiful fountain in the back of the hotel

4 comments:

Tara Holmes said...

That is a gorgeous hotel! How fun! We're only 30 minutes from there if you're even in town again would love to see you even for a sec! Get well soon!!

Jen said...

OMG, I totally stayed at that hotel for a wedding in colllege when I was dating that guy in LA! It's amazing! What a special trip with Jerame, loved the photos. Glad the family is back to being 100% and not sick, it must have been awful :(. Love and miss you x

Keri said...

What a fun trip! So glad everyone is finally feeling better. Hope to see you soon and hear more about the trip and see those little stinkers.

Garrett said...

Hey Cuz, That's so cool you guys were in Dan Point! I love it there. My good friend Ky and his wife Sara actually live in the condos right across the street from where you stayed! We've been to visit them a couple times and always love it.