Monday, November 7, 2011

4 weeks


Chase is 4 weeks old now....which means it's been 4 weeks since I slept more than 2 hours at a time! This little guy has a tough time at night. He seems to sleep like a champ during the day but when nighttime comes around he gets a tummy ache (from what we can tell). He is up most of the night grunting, puking, eating, crying, pooping and then repeat. Poor little dude seems so uncomfortable. This morning he literally went to sleep the minute the twins woke up but had been awake doing his thing since 4:30 am. I think I might have changed his clothes 7 times last night because of the puke.   I took him to the Dr. last week because I was getting concerned about the amount of spit-up that comes from this little guy. I mean with the amount that comes back up I just don't see how he can be digesting anything. But he in fact is getting lots to eat and weighed in at 9lbs 14oz (jumping from the 50th percentile to the 75-90th). He is actually looking a little bit chunky lately! I LOVE chunky babies. So he checked out healthy and there is no weight concern, which was reassuring. There is a question though on whether or not he my have reflux but it is puzzling because he seems to be more comfortable during the day than at night.  So I am hoping that with his one month check up might come some answers for us about his poor little tummy issues.  Chole had terrible reflux and we were able to treat her once we finally figured out what was going on so I have hope that we can make him more comfortable soon.  Other than all that he is doing so good. He really is a sweet little guy. He is just starting to make serious eye contact with us and make little cooing  noises. I love love love when they start interacting with you a little bit...it makes being awake all night not quite so tough.  I have been eating up every snuggle with this guy. He sure does love his Momma. I can't believe when people ask me how old he is I am now saying 4 weeks. I had a sitter for the twins last Friday and Chase & I went to the Nordstrom sale. I absolutely love going places with just one baby. It is so peaceful. I just never got to experience that with the twins because I always felt like it was such a fiasco trying to go anywhere when they were this age with the bottles, double stroller etc.  I am finding it such a treat to be able to just enjoy this little guy. Plus I think any 2nd or 3rd baby seems easier than your first.  So despite being really tired we are doing good.  Pics from my phone from the last week or so! 


No comments: