Wednesday, November 16, 2011

5 weeks


(taken at 2 weeks old) 
 This little guy is not so little. He had his 1 month well check today and he weighed 11lbs 4oz...gained 3+ lbs in a month, which is a lot.  Pretty amazing with how much he pukes. He is now in the 95th percentile. He is wearing clothes that Carter wore when he was 3 to 4 months old.  It's no wonder though because he feeds all day long & all night long. Nursing has come so easy this time around and I am really enjoying that time with my sweet little guy. Nights are still really hard. 2 hours of sleep at a time (if I am lucky) is the new 8 hours.  Thank goodness for coffee in the morning. He is still very congested & coughing  from the cold he got when he was 5 days old. It's been so heart breaking having a sick newborn especially since he really hasn't known anything different in his whole life so far.  I imagine he will have a very well established immune system by the time he is the twins age.  I am still working on the whole 3 kids thing...I have my moments of feeling like a rock star and I think well, this is not so hard after all....and then others that I feel really overwhelmed. 
One thing is for sure 3 kids is good for us :)  I have yet to do an outting by myself (where we get out of the car) with all 3 of them.  We'll see when I get brave enough to do that! 

Our 3 sweet kiddos 


1 comment:

Tara Holmes said...

Your family is adorable and I think you are a rock star mom all the time!