Friday, March 9, 2012

5 months

5 months 3/8/12
How is my sweet little baby boy 5 months old already. He is the size of a 9 month old and I love his chubby arms & legs and how I have to wash between the rolls. He is super super ticklish and giggles everytime I change his clothes. This has to be one of my favorite things about him right now. His smile...well,  it absolutely melts me.  He pretty much is smiling all day everyday.  We are two peas in a pod there is really not normally not much time during the day that I am not holding him and really, I wouldn't have it any other way. I am not sure who is more attached to one another him or me? It is such a different & fun experience taking care of just one little baby. I love it. He is officially a tummy sleeper and turns onto his tummy the minute he hits the crib. He is starting to scoot himself along and does not stay in one place anymore. I am sure he will be army crawling by the end of this month.  At this point he is obviously not really going anywhere to speak of so we are still in the honeymoon period before he is really actually on the move! I am not looking forward to all the baby gates again. I actually don't really like the crawling stage. My floors are just plain way to dirty to have a baby down on the ground again.  Between the twins & dog it is impossible to keep them clean.  Plus I am not sure what we will do with all the twins toys that have small pieces. I am thinking we will just have to put them all away for a while. He continues to love his carseat although he is already on the biggest harness setting so wouldn't be surprised if he is in the big kid carseat before a year. We tried rice cereal and he hated it. In fact he gagged & puked up all the milk he had just drank. I think we will just skip that all together & go straight to baby food in the next could of weeks. I have been shopping around for highchairs again. I hate highchairs because they mean messes and cleaning 100x's a day. We actually tossed the twins chairs when they were done with them because they got so gross! Anyone have one they have loved?  I think he is getting ready to start eating solids because he has seemed hungrier lately if that is possible. He nurses all day long. Sleep is still our biggest challenge. He is now pretty consistently going down at 8 up at midnight, 4 am & then up for the day around 6:30-7. Ya, by no means am I getting a good night sleep yet. But it is better than where we were a month ago. He will sleep someday & I know when he does I will kinda miss our nighttime nursing time. 




No comments: