Friday, October 3, 2008

good news

Remember that cyst they found on my ovary when I was 37 weeks pregnant. Well, yesterday I had a Dr. appointment and ultrasound to check on them. Originally the plan was to take out the cyst when the Dr. opened me up during the c-section. However, once she got in there and saw my ovaries she realized both sides were covered in them. It wasn't just one that she could easily take out so the only way to remove them would have been to remove my ovaries all together. We all opted to not do that thank goodness and just to wait it out and see what they did. She guaranteed me that they were not cancer and that they were just fluid filled so it would be ok to wait 6 weeks to see how the pregnancy hormones leaving my body would affect them. So the good news is the ultrasound showed NO cysts. Pretty amazing! I have been a bit sick about the the thought of potentially having to go through another surgery if indeed they did not go away. It was great news and once less thing I have to stress myself out about.


I can't believe the twins are already 6 weeks old. Chloe defiantly smiled at me yesterday and they are both starting to coo and make little noises. They are just SO CUTE!
Big Boy

6 comments:

The Haigh's said...

Katie that's great new, I'm so glad that everything is okay.

Misty Carpinito said...

That is the best news I have heard all day! So happy for you.

Ronda Miller said...

I am so happy to hear that is less thing you have to worry about.

mike said...

Butter, what a blessing that is! I can't wait to catch up soon. Miss you!!!

Jen said...

Fab news, Katie-hadn't realised they didn't take them out when you had the C-section. How much does Carter look like you?! Very cute, love you x

Crims said...

Wonderful news!!