Here are some pics from the last week or so...they are getting BIG!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Hooray for Sleep!
The babies have continued sleeping well for about a week now. It is really very exciting. They are taking less naps during the day now but sleeping longer at night. They are waking up between 4 and 5am to eat and then have consistently gone back to bed in their cribs until about 8 or 8:30 am. For a while there we almost certainly had one of the babies in our bed with us for at least part of the night. But they have both been in their cribs all night for a few nights now. Now that we are getting sleep at night I can look back and realize just how sleep deprived we actually were in the first couple of months. Sleep is so important and I am so happy to have it back in my life! We took Chloe to the Dr. last week with concerns about her eating and reflux suspicions. The Dr. diagnosed her with Reflux but really it's just a guessing game based on her symptoms. She seems to be doing better on the medicine so time will tell. She is gaining weight which is the most important thing, she weighs 11 lbs. 5oz. If she was not gaining weight the Dr. said we would be looking at more serious problems but since she is doing ok in that department we will start off with the reflux meds and see how she does. Poor thing it's just agonizing for anyone trying to watch her get some food in her tummy. Melissa came over to say with us last night and Jerame and I went to see the movie Four Christmas's. It was funny and nice to get out for a few hours together. I think we are doing really good getting out together considering we have twins, we have been on lots of dates. Both of us realize the importance of trying to maintain a relationship outside of babies. It's so easy to get lost in the parenting that you have to really remember to be married also. It helps that we have so much support...especially my amazing cousin Melissa. My Mom helped me decorate for Christmas yesterday it's making us feel much more festive. Without her help I might have just foregone decorations this year...too much work. Jerame walked in the house last night after a hard day at work and said "It smells like Christmas in here" it was a nice surprise for him. Thank goodness for Internet shopping I will be doing most of our shopping that way this year. Christmas is creeping up fast this year, I think because Thanksgiving was later than normal. The babies have started taking a real interest in toys and are really starting to self entertain. They are actually happy to sit in their bouncy seats and look at toys. Up until now the bouncers have just sort of been a safe place we can put them to feed or do whatever we need to while juggling two babies!
Here are some pics from the last week or so...they are getting BIG!
Here are some pics from the last week or so...they are getting BIG!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
You're right, they are getting so big. Can't believe I get to see them in just over two weeks! Being sleep deprived doesn't sound like much fun, glad you have overcome that battle and that Christmas is settling in nicely at the Thurik house. Love you x
I can't wait to get in my twin time! Love seeing the pics of them - they are SO big!! I am glad you got your decorations up.
I love all the pictures! Can't believe they can change so much in just the 2 weeks since I saw them. Reading about your sleep deprivation has me worried...How am I gonna handle that! I guess you just do what you have to do. Glad they are finally letting you get some rest! Love you.
Post a Comment