Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. It felt so long! Jerame took the day off on Wednesday so our weekend started early it was nice. My cousin Melissa came over to take care of the babies on Wednesday evening and we got to go out with some friends for drinks. It was so much fun... I had a little too much fun though and had a bit of a hang over on Thanksgiving. It was worth every bit of pain though :-). I have to say it probably wasn't even that fun to your average person but considering I have not been in a bar having a drink in over a year anything would have been fun to me I think.
We spent Thanksgiving day with my family at my Mom & Jerry's house. It was a very relaxing day and the food was delicious. My Mom made a very traditional Thanksgiving meal which was just perfect. Saturday we celebrated the holiday with Jerame's family at our house. We made butternut squash soup, turkey sandwiches and salad. It was fun to have all the kids together. Then Saturday night Jerame and I got to have another date night! Jerame's Mom & Sister stayed at our house while we went down to Seattle to meet up with my Dad and Shelly to celebrate my Dad's B-Day. We went to Wild Ginger. Our entire weekend was centered around food which was just fantastic!
The babies are doing great. They are growing like little weeds. My Mom and I spent the entire morning Friday packing up all of their 0-3 month clothes. It was a huge job...it took us a good 2 hours! It is so sad to put away all of their sweet little outfits that they only got to wear a handful of times. They are now wearing 3-6 month. Carter still has a hearty appetite and will pretty much eat at any time. Chloe is still a fussy eater and feeding her has sort of become a process that can take a while. We are pretty sure she has reflux so we are going to start her on some medicine that hopefully will help. She is doing better nursing now than taking a bottle so I have decided to still nurse for a while longer. My goal was to give them breast milk for the first 3 months and we made it! I have to say nursing two babies is a lot of work. We have started giving them formula for a little less than 1/2 of their feedings throughout the day and it has really helped me feel a lot less stressed out about finding the time to pump. They are also sleeping much better at night. Last night both babies slept from 10pm to 5am. That was the longest stretch both of them have ever slept!!! So both Jerame & I felt like we got a good night sleep it was the first time in a long while for me. I finally ordered the babies birth announcements...yes almost 4 months after they were born...like I said twins Mom's deserve a break. They turned out really cute. Now my next challenge will be getting them mailed before Christmas. I think we are going to put up our tree this weekend. I can't believe Christmas is in just a few short weeks.

Our two nieces Skyler and Olivia


Jerame playing with the girls


Jerame sister Arielle and Carter


This look cracks me up...this is his classic look
"deer in the headlights"

Daddy and Daughter

My Mom and I on Thanksgiving


Cater hanging out in his bouncy chair on Thanksgiving


Mom, Jerry and Carter

Jerry carving the 20lbs turkey






Out to dinner at Wild Ginger




3 comments:

Shelby said...

WOW! They're getting so big! Looks like you guys had a great weekend.

The Haigh's said...

How nice that you guys were able to get out and have some fun over the weekend. I can't believe they are already growing out of some of their clothes. I miss them..

Leah said...

They are just too stinking cute : )