Thursday, September 16, 2010

My little cleaning lady





Chloe is in a stage of 'helping' me a lot around the house lately. She probably stood there and scrubbed that little table and chairs for 20 minutes. When I am unloading the dishwasher, she has to help me. She also has to help me with laundry and throws just about any piece of clothing she sees laying around the floor into the washer or dryer...whichever ever happens to be open. She is so into being my little helper.

Carter will smile on demand for the camera. This picture really made me realize with my own eyes that he has most certainly turned into a little boy. It's sometimes hard to remember they are growing up when I see them every day. I think all Mamma's must have a soft spot in their hearts for their boys because I sure do. This kid is one neat little guy.


They brought out the bubble machine yesterday morning. I don't think bubbles will ever get old for them. I took this picture at 7:30am and Chloe had already decided she was wearing her pink tutu for the day. She is very particular about what she wears these days. Shoes are the most important part of the outfit though and she will only wear these certain white shoes. She calls them "my shoes" even though she has an entire shelf full of shoes however, only those specific ones are hers. So funny. I think the "white" shoes might have to find their way to a new home.

Ok...so I need to do a little venting.....as I type this I am waiting for two pairs of feet to once again come stomping down the hallway for the 100th time since I got them to bed tonight at 7:30pm...it's now 9pm. SO frustrating. We are in a serious stage right now of them getting out of their cribs at naps & bedtime. In fact they didn't even take a nap today because they were to busy playing together in there room. Being a stay at home Mom I have seriously counted on their nap time to save my sanity. It's been my time to clean, read, pay bills or (my favorite) sleep. Up until now they have been wonderful nappers & have gone to bed without much of a fight to speak of. I know we will get it figured out and it's a road that most people have to take when training their toddlers to behave like normal people and sleep in beds. BUT that does not make it any less exhausting or frustrating at this very moment. We have been talking about putting them in separate rooms since they were pretty much infants but they seemed to have gotten to a place that they seemed to really enjoyed each others company and were not disruptive to one another. Now I think they are enjoying each other's company to much when we need them to relax & go to sleep. I think we will at least just be putting one of there cribs in the other bedroom this weekend & see if that helps. Omgosh parenting can be so hard! Although I know this is not the first or the last time I will feel frustrated by those two beautiful, sweet, loving little creatures called Toddlers :-)

1 comment:

Tara Holmes said...

Jackson is the WORST sleeper ever! He doesn't nap consistently and every time I have a LOT to do he refuses to sleep. I know the feeling. :( Carter is turning into SUCH a big boy. He is adorable, as is Chloe. You are so blessed.