Friday, September 16, 2011

so long summer

Seems as though fall is officially upon us. It even smells like fall this morning. Normally this would make me kind of sad but this year I am thrilled! Because that means our little guy will be here very very soon. I am 35wks 5days today and let me tell you I  am feeling  every bit of those weeks at this point. I have been having a little trouble sleeping over the past week or so.  I am feeling pretty uncomfortable & tiered these days but still have to say it is nothing compared to how I felt with the twins at this point. I love being able to carry on my normal life even though I am very pregnant. This wasn't something I was 'allowed' to do during my twins pregnancy. It is nice to have gotten to have this experience. Both twinnies are in preschool now and it has been so nice to have some time in the mornings to go to the store or run errands by myself. Yesterday all I did was come home fold laundry & pick up my house  and it was so relaxing to do it in a quiet house. They are both really loving school and I am so happy we made the decision to start them this year. They were ready.  The nursery is almost all set up we just need to put the crib back up and touch up the paint on the walls. We took the crib/toddler bed down when we moved Carter into his big boy bed because we had to say bye to his baby bed. I didn't  do much to the nursery because it was already pretty gender neutral from when it was the the twinnies room. C & C are back together in one room and I have to say they really are adjusting well and their sleep has actually improved now that they are back together. It may be because I put blackout curtains up or the fact that they like being together....or maybe a combo of both. Who knows but I am so happy it is working out thus far. I was pretty nervous about how they would do. 

Starting next week I will be going to the Dr. weekly. I have been thinking more about talking to my Dr. about the option of doing a vbac instead of a scheduled c-section. I am starting to worry about how taking care of the twins will be after having another section.  You really are not supposed to lift anything heavier than your baby for 6 weeks following the surgery. Not that I am lifting them all that often anymore but I still need to be able to do things like get them in the car, change Carter's pants (yes we are still in the throws of potty training) and things like that.  I really just don't know how that is going to work unless I have someone with me round the clock. We will see what she says. Neither delivery option seems particularly pleasant to me but this baby has got to come out somehow. Since I never went into labor with the twins and was actually considered 1 week overdue for twins (full term is 37wks) I have doubts that  I will go into labor on my own before 40 weeks with this baby. I know that the they will not do a vbac if labor has to be induced with drugs. Lots to consider but I will most certainly decide based on what is the safest option for both of us. 
Here are some random pictures from the last few weeks. We had such a dreary summer but it ended with about two weeks of sunshine so at least us Seattllites feel like we didn't get totally cheated on summer. We actually had to leave our AC on for several consecutive days which we hadn't had to do all summer long! 


Twinnies at the THREE year well-check both kiddos are healthy and TALL. Chloe is taller than Carter by a bit right now but I am sure they will even out. Chloe is still little little for weight (10th percentile) and Carter is average at 50%. They were both little hooligans at the appointment climbing all over Jerame. Such is our life ;) 

Carter riding his 'motorcycle'  (hot wheels) at my Mom & Jerry's house. They got these for the Grand kids to keep at their house and Carter especially loves it. 


Big girl first day of preschool (I got a pic on my other camera of Carter that I will post)




A random fun park visit with me & the kiddos

Chloe LOVES  the swing. I have to negotiate with her before we get to the park on how many pushes she is going to get or else she would want me to stand there and push her the entire time. 

A rainy August day  & visit to Redmond Town Center
Chloe & some of her BFF's enjoying a little dinner together at the princess table

Pool time with cousins at Nanny & Papa's house

We went to several of the Kirkland Thursday evening concerts in the park 

Dancing at the concert 

out to Mexican our fav

One of my best friends Erica came to stay for a week in Aug. Love how Chlo has her finger in her nose :) 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sweet pics, you have been such a great Mom keeping up with those two-not long now x

Tara Holmes said...

You are a great mommy....love the negotiating for swing/push amounts that is a good one. Getting so close. I'm hoping vbac will work for you. Eek! New baby!