Today marks 37 weeks. I am feeling pretty good other than the fact that I have terrible insomnia...like not sleeping at all during the night. It's so annoying because I know once the baby is here sleep is out the window for a while so I would like to be able to enjoy it while I can. I feel huge and am at the point where most of my maternity clothes are getting to small. After chatting with my Dr. last week it was decided that we will go a head with the csection. Unfortunately vbac's are not very highly encouraged in the United States due to malpractice law suites. Because there is a risk (although very small) most Dr.'s like to take the easy way out and schedule the birth as it fits into their schedule. In fact attempted vbac's only account for 3% of the births per year at Evergreen (whereas repeat csections account for 30%). Needless to say I am ok with it at this point and will do the best I can to prepare for the recovery by lining up the help I will need with the twins. From what I have heard repeat csections are not as painful as the first. Plus this time I will only have 1 newborn to take care of instead of two. So we have been given the time slot of 10/13 @12:15pm. When I had the twins the Dr.'s office actually gave me a appointment reminder call (as if we would forget). It seems so unnatural to have an 'appointment' to have a baby but sadly it seems to be becoming more the norm than anything else. So the countdown is officially on. 17 more days at the most!
 |
| Taken by me today in my car. Huge! |
 |
| taken at 35 wks I think |
 |
| I am not a fan of posting bare belly pics at this point but I think it's a pretty cute shot. I think I was around 33wks here. |
5 comments:
I know you feel huge but you absolutely don't look huge! Interesting stuff about the vbac but as you say, everyone seems to find the elective c-section much easier and knowing what to expect with regards to the surgery and recovery will help, too. Oct. 13th!! YAY! X
The second csection was waaaay easier. Plus, it's nice to be able to not get up, if that makes sense. Have help with the twinnies and just really focus on the new baby. O excited for u!!
I love the pic of Carter kissing your belly - so cute!
YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!! Cannot wait to meet the new little guy.
You look wonderful silly. I bet it feels good to have 1 in that belly instead of 2. Oh my gosh, you're going to be a Mom of 3 in no time at all.
Post a Comment