I just went to the dentist with H and got a few pointers that have helped. We have the same battle. TORTURE! Let's chat and I'll share some new "moves!"
We were the same up until we introduced the star/sticker chart which we were already using for potty training. I didn't think it would work but it totally does (although C LOVES praise)-we make a big production and clap and give him hugs when he has done it and he will even ask one of us to help! Sometimes though we've also resorted to bribery-i.e. Daddy won't read you any books tonight if you don't do it, but star chart was the way to go for us. Good luck, love you! x
4 comments:
I just went to the dentist with H and got a few pointers that have helped. We have the same battle. TORTURE! Let's chat and I'll share some new "moves!"
Haha.....it gets easier. It's my least favorite thing to do!
Well, at least he doesn't eat candy or other sweets which would lead to faster cavities. It's a reach, but I'd thought I'd try for a positive.
We were the same up until we introduced the star/sticker chart which we were already using for potty training. I didn't think it would work but it totally does (although C LOVES praise)-we make a big production and clap and give him hugs when he has done it and he will even ask one of us to help! Sometimes though we've also resorted to bribery-i.e. Daddy won't read you any books tonight if you don't do it, but star chart was the way to go for us. Good luck, love you! x
Post a Comment