Thursday, April 12, 2012

this girl

Chloe was baby 'A' when I was pregnant with the twins, meaning she would be the first born. She is a twin, but she is also a first born & lives up to it with almost every quality. I remember as I was laying on the table in the delivery room and they pulled Chloe out & when I saw her sweet little face for the first time and  my very first thought was...'that's me'. She looked like me. She was my daughter.  
To this day I feel like I am looking in the mirror when I look at her.  
A few things about this little girl at 3: 
- she loves loves  loves her Daddy
-she is newly afraid of the dark & requires a nightlight
-still has anxiety around bedtime she runs though a laundry list like clock work every.single.night making sure she has all her blankets, animals, water, chapstick, tissues....you get the point
-is very opinionated about what she wears & will still only wear 'party dresses' 
-will never keep her coat on even if it's 30 degrees outside because she is 'hot'
-is sassy, opinionated & competitive (should have seen her at the Easter egg hunt!) 
-thoughtful & empathetic beyond her 3 years
-she still struggles with  Asthma every time she even gets the slightest cold but is such a little trooper about taking her inhaler, we still have hope she will grow out of it one day. 
-loves to help me with the baby and is always very concerned about him. She is a care taker (when she wants to be) 
-school is already a social thing for her and always has lots to say about what happened socially that day (not necessarily what she learned) we could be in for it! 
-her favorite toy right now is her Melissa & Doug princess castle with all her Disney princess figurines.  
-loves horses...this makes Papa Paul really happy....I wouldn't be surprised if we end up owning a horse someday. she pretends Bella (our dog) is a horse and parades her around dressed up on a leash. 

She is growing up so fast & I am so proud of the little girl she is becoming. 

1 comment:

The Evolving Mama said...

i can't get enough of this post. it's so sweet. i love that you have such unique relationships with all of your kids. they are so special and fun to watch. i love hearing jerame's stories and reading your blog. i so appreciate these updates and seeing what your sweet family is up to! this is one of my favorite posts!