Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bedrest 30wks

I had a Dr. appointment & ultrasound yesterday. Things are still going very quickly. I have been placed on strict bedrest now. I can get up for a total of 5 minutes in any two hour time period for bathroom breaks. I am now 100% dependent on others to help me do pretty much everything. It is really hard for me to accept help from people so this is going to be a real adjustment for me considering I am not even allowed to get up to get myself a glass of water. My Dr. hopes that we can at least prolong delivery another 2 to 4 weeks. They gave me the steroid shots for the babies lung development yesterday & I got the 2nd dose today. The steroid will speed up the lung development because they will almost certainly be born before their lungs would natrually be working strongly. I guess it is very effective so I'm glad they gave it to me. It is all very scary but again I am reassured by the fact that I am not on hospital bedrest. I get really sad thinking about the fact that our babies will now most definently need to live in the hospital for a while after they are born. I know I just need to take it one day at a time & trust in God that he will take care of them but it's just so hard not to get overwhelmed with worry. I think this is the Mom in me already wanting to protect my precious little babies. I have been doing a good job though at following the Dr.'s orders however, this day has just seemed to drag on & on. It is just so hard to lay there all day knowing that I am perfectly capable of doing things for myself or around the house. Jerame has been a wonderful support & everyday I think God that he is my husband. We truely are in this together. I'm sorry I haven't been the best at returning calls & text messages today I haven't really felt much like talking. I think tomorrow will be better.

No comments: