Monday, June 30, 2008

Hot Weekend

Finally our summer is here and I am stuck inside on the couch! How perfect :-) This is day 6 of bedrest (not that I am counting) and time is going slow. I was able to stay somewhat cool this weekend with the help of fans and drinking ice water. All the girls came over to my house on Saturday for the shower. I just posted up on the couch and everyone just brought stuff to me. I just can't tell you how nice it was to see friends and visit. It really meant a lot that everyone went so out of their way to make it special for me under the circumstances and it just made me feel so very blessed. Jerame & I were talking last night about how we both have never felt more thankful in our lives that we live in a place surrounded by family and dear friends. It's times like these it seems that the people that love you come running to your rescue.
We have a Dr's appointment tomorrow. This will be my first & only outing out of our house in a week! We will have an ultrasound and they will do the extensive measuring on the babies so we will get to find out their estimated weight. We are hoping they have made some good progess! At this point since I am so at risk for pre-term delivery their weight is very important. You better beleive I have been sucking back the protien shakes!! I will also have a non-stress test done on the babies. This is a test they do to make sure that the babies are not under any kind of stress & that they are doing good & active. The appointment should last close to 3 hours. I am so looking forward to getting out of the house!

No comments: