Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dr. Apt & Ultrasound

We had another Dr. appointment & ultrasound this morning. As I suspected I would, I got put on reduced activitiy from here on out. This means that I will not be traveling into work anymore but am allowed to work from home. My work is being so wonderful & understanding which I am thankful for. They are setting me up with a lap top so I can work from home. I am glad I will be working from, it will be at least be some sort of distraction. The Dr. made it very clear that I am not on bedrest yet so I can still get up and move around throughout the day. I just have to take it very easy and spend most of the day in a reclined postion. I am not completely thrilled about my new arrangment but know that my body is giving me signals that it's time to stop trying to do so much. I just need to try and take it one day at a time and not stress about all the what-if's. I am just going to do the best I can and know that I am doing everything in my power to keep them cooking for as long as possible. I am so happy I will have Bella to keep me company during the days. I hope I will have lots of visitors, so come by anytime...PLEASE!
The ultrasound went good. Both babies are still head-down and very active. They were kicking and hitting eachother the entire time. They looks so cramped in there, it's hard to see where one baby ends & the other begins. I am feeling there movements a lot now, it is such an amazing feeling. They are still very close in size, both weighing in at aprox 2.3lbs. The Dr. called them small to medium size babies....which is what they would expect from someone my size. I feel huge but in the twins pregnancy world I am still on the small side. It is getting super uncomfortable for me to sleep at night, I basically just don't sleep at all during the night. I guess this is ok for now because I can catch up during the days. I also think my body is conditioning me for less sleep, I image once these babies do get here I won't be getting any sleep day or night. I think we have decided on names... Carter Jay & Chloe Kate. Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, calls & emails. It means so much to know we have such an amazing support system around us. I hope I won't have anything more to report for a while other than what is my new favorite day-time TV show :-) I will post pics from the ultrasound later. Once again Chloe was hiding her face so we only got pic's of Carter. She is our mystery baby ha!

No comments: