Friday, June 27, 2008

Shower

My Aunts threw me a shower for my family & friends of the family last Sunday. It was nice to be able to get to do that before I have had to go on full bed rest. In hindsight it was probobly too much for me to try & do but oh well it was so much fun. The shower was beautiful & so thoughtful of my Aunts. We got lots and lots of stuff. Jerame picked me up from the shower and loaded up our car with all the new loot. When we got home it was like Christmas he was going through & looking at everything. It was so cute, I think he was just as excited as I was about everything. This weekend my girlfriends had planned to have a shower for me but given my current situation they have now just decided to bring the party to me. Everyone is still going to come over for a visit which I am really looking forward too. I think it will be good for me to have some social time. I am so thankful to have such wonderful girlfriends. Bed rest has been a little hard on me so far, I think it will just take some time to get used to but it's all very isolating. I feel like it was another lifetime ago that I was a part of the functioning world. I just realized that I am coming up on a month of being on house arrest. I have to keep reminding myself that everyday these babies stay inside is a blessing. Each day they can grow in my tummy equals 2 to 3 days less they will have to stay at the hospital growing.
We think our cribs should arrive next week. Once we get those set up we can start doing all the finishing touches on the nursery. It is going to make me feel so much better once we can get that all done. It's turning out so cute I'm really excited about it.


My Aunts that threw me the shower...Sandy & Kathy




Mom & I




















No comments: