Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One more bump in the road

What should have been a routine trip to the Dr. today for a non-stress test turned out to be much more than anyone was prepared for. To make a long story short I ended up having an ultrasound after the test was done to check the fluid levels on the babies. The babies are doing great and still happy & content in their home. In doing the ultrasound however the tech happened to glance over my ovaries (which are on my sides now towards my back) and found that I have a cyst/tumor on my ovary...making what should be the size of a golf ball the size of an orange. It really is amazing that she happened to look at them because it's defiantly not a routine part of checking fluid levels. Needless to say finding it was all very surprising to everyone because they last checked them in June and nothing showed up to be concerned about then. The tech practically ran out of the room to get the Dr....all the while I am sitting in the exam room by myself not really knowing what was wrong but knew by her face that whatever it was, it was not good. I talked with the Dr. for about 1/2 hour and he explained to me that it is a concern that this seems to have just popped up quickly. I felt like I was in one of those situations where someone is talking to you and their mouth is moving but no sound is coming out. The cyst needs to be removed as soon as possible and it will then be examined to see if it's anything to be concerned about. Since removing it will require some kind of abdominal surgery he is recommending we go a head with a C-Section. This is so I don't have to go through both a natural delivery and then turn around and have surgery a few weeks post partum. So we don't know much but do know that I will be scheduled for delivery/surgery sometime next week if I don't go into labor before then.
I really just can't explain how many emotions I am feeling at the moment...it's hard to even get my head around it all. Jerame keeps on reminding me that this is just a bump in the road of our lives. He is so supportive and encouraging I just love him so much. I can't help but for some reason let my thoughts wander to all the different scenarios. Please keep us in your prayers.

8 comments:

The Haigh's said...

Oh Katie - I know everything will be okay. Trust me you are in all of our thoughts and prayers on a daily basis.

Misty Carpinito said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Just think about all you have accomplished and overcome thus far. Your strength and love of your family/friends will get you through this and I just know you will all be ok. Just think it's a blessing they were able to find it so early. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers every day. Please let me know if you need anything at all. XOXO

Unknown said...

You are in our prayers Katie! Garrett and I are here if you need anything!

Tasha said...

The positive to focus on is that the babies are doing wonderfullly. That is the blessing, the other's are truely "bumps in the road". It doesn't mean it's not scary though. Remember there is a little Hannah angel that is helping keep them safe, and you. Love, Tasha

Ronda Miller said...

You are in our thoughts and I am positive things will turn out ok for you. ~Stay strong~

Jason and Amy Bennett said...

Katie,

I just heard from Yampa on the scary news regarding the giant sized cyst. We are thinking about you and you are in our prayers. I am confident that you will make it through all of this; it is almost over and things can begin. It always is darkest before the dawn. Amy thinks the C-section was the best thing since slice bread. Keep us posted on any news and we will talk to you soon.
Love,
Jason and Amy

Crims said...

We are definatly praying for you. We are praying for a good delivary and recovery. Luv you both.

Robynn B. said...

You are such a strong amazing woman and I just know you will get over this bump in the road! Just remember the toughest moments in life are the ones that define who we are. What a wonderful accomplishment to have made it this far with the babies safe and sound still in your belly! Don't let this bump in the road take the excitment of that away from you. You, Jerame and the babies are always in our thoughts and prayers, if you guys need anything at all we are here for you.