I took the babies to their 6 month Dr.'s appointment last Monday. They checked out just perfect! Carter weighs 15lbs. 11oz. and Chloe 14lbs. 7.5oz. Both babies are growing as nicely as can be. The Dr. was very pleased with their progress! They are both in average percentiles which is fab for twins. We also had to get their 3rd round of newborn shots (they are given in a series of 3). It's never a pleasant experience and really hard for me to watch. They were not feeling well for about 24 hours after the shots but were back to normal by Tuesday evening. Jerame was out of town for this appointment and I'm not really sure what I was thinking scheduling it when I knew he was going to be out of town. I won't do that again. Taking care of two cranky babes alone is not fun. They won't go back to the Dr. again until their 9 month appointment...just around the corner. Jeeez. I think we only have to get one shot at the next visit. I know I haven't been updating this blog as often as normal lately. I just haven't had as much time lately when the babies are awake we are playing, bottling, changing etc. and when they sleep I clean & try to get myself together. Nap time is like a marathon for me. It is SO nice though now that they are napping and will stay asleep for longer stretches of time. The babies are getting very busy playing and scooting all over the place. The Dr. said she will be surprised if Carter is not crawling in a month! He is getting up on his hands and knees and doing the rocking thing. This does not leave me very much time! Shoot. I am enjoying this stage so much and know that once they start being mobile I will not be able to take my eyes off of them for a second. We got high chairs last weekend and it is so much easier to feed them this way rather than trying to keep them sitting in the Bumbo Chairs. The babies love sitting in them and will actually just hang out watching us in the kitchen. I think they like being up high and again seeing the world from a different angle. Things are starting to feel much more manageable lately. I really feel like I have a them on a good schedule during the day and they are continuing to go to bed at least by 7:30 sometimes earlier. They get up once during the night to eat around 3-4am and then back down until 6:30-7am. It's wonderful! I am so excited it's almost spring and for all the fun things I will be able to do with them this summer. I can't wait!













3 comments:
I can't wait to see them tomorrow, they are geting so big.
They are just gorgeous Katie! It's amazing how time foes so quickly!
Your kiddos are absolutely adorable! I love all the pics you always post. Wish I could've made it over today. But I hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment