Monday, August 17, 2009

Almost a year old!

The count down is seriously on! Only four more days and the twinnies will be one year olds. I find myself stopping periodically throughout the day the past few days remembering what I was doing, thinking and feeling this time last year. I am so happy that I started the blog when I did because it is so nice to look back on to help me remember things. I have to say that this week last year was one of the most exciting and terrifying weeks of my life! The anticipation I was feeling after having been through such a rough pregnancy was just crazy. Plus after being thrown the little curve ball during my 37th week was just the topping on the cake. The best part about the whole experience though was the end because we got to FINALLY meet the two perfect little people who had made my tummy home for 9 long months! To imagine that the two little pre- toddlers that make us laugh and smile all day long are the same little 5lb pound babies that came home from the hospital with us is just amazing. It really just blows my mind!  I can't wait to celebrate their birthday with them. I hope they are feeling better by then. They both came down with a horrible cold this weekend, so we have been struggling with that for the past few days. I don't think there is anything more heartbreaking than trying to comfort a sick baby . It's hard because they can't communicate with you to tell you what doesn't feel good. Tonight I have already cleaned up one round of projectile vomit. Poor little Carter.  Keep your fingers crossed for us that it was the last one of the night.  

Carter is really really trying to walk. He wants to so bad and just laughs every time he makes the attempt. He took about 6-7 step in a row tonight across our family room so he is getting close to being a walker. His balance is not all there yet but he is close. My Mom & I took the babies to Nordstroms today to have their feet measured in Children's Shoes. We needed to get them in the right size walking shoes! 

I know I said I would post pictures from our trip to Idaho but we actually didn't end up taking a lot of pictures with our camera. I will post  some when I get them from Jerame's cousin. We made our way to McCall, Idaho to spend time with Brad, along with the rest of the Bennett clan.  It was Brad's last trip as it's getting to hard for him to travel places. It was very hard to see him in his current physical state but also wonderful to spend time with him. He is such an amazing person and someone I have looked up  to since the first time I met him.  This was the twins 2nd plane ride (the first being when they were 3 months old).  They did pretty good. It was an hour and 1/2 ride and let me tell you we felt every minute of that flight. Chloe did not really want to be on that airplane! Then we drove from Boise to McCall  which was a 3 hour drive. Thank goodness for our portable car DVD player. The weather was not great but we made the best of it and still had a blast. The resort was right on a lake with sandy beaches and a pool. The babies actually were good travelers and we were able to keep them on a pretty good schedule.  I hope to go back there someday, it is a wonderful place to take kids. 

1 comment:

Leah said...

We make a trip to McCall every year. Absolutely love it there. Wintertime is the BEST, assuming you like lots of snow : )