Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy August

We have had a really busy month so far. I haven't had much time to blog lately so I am a little behind on posting. We survived the heat a few weeks ago only because we had AC! Thank goodness we put it in our house in May. I was thanking my husband every single minute of every day we had that super hot week. My best friend Erica came from Florida for a visit that week and we spent a good part of the week playing inside with the babies. It was just too hot to do anything outside and nice to be able to keep them on their schedule. Erica was such a help with the babies all week I felt like we had two mommies. It was so nice! We kept calling her the nanny because she was just so good with them and they loved her! It was so wonderful to spend a whole week with Erica. Erica has lived in Florida for 10 years now and it was the longest stretch of getting to be around each other since we were 18 years old! It totally felt like old times, except that now I have two babies. We just returned yesterday from a weeks vaca in McCall Idaho with Jerame's Uncle Brad & family. I will post more about the trip later along with some pictures. They will be one in less than 2 weeks!

Here are some pictures from Erica's stay with us...

Twinnies playing in the yard one of the hot evenings. Can you
see Chloe has the dog bone (for some reason this is a big hit with them)

Sitting like a big boy


We went out for drinks in Kirkland the day it was
109 at our house!

Carter & Auntie Erica



1st Spaghetti dinner


Playing on the train, such big kids now

Chloe is pretty much done crawling now she likes to walk
everywhere it's so cute

Carter is giving walking a shot but he still
prefers to crawl because he gets places much faster

2 comments:

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

Oh my...time flies! They are too cute! It is so amazing what babies learn to do in one year.

The Haigh's said...

HOW CUTE!!! It seems like its been forever since I've seen them. Can you believe its already been 1 year!!!??? Wowza