Monday, September 14, 2009

September so far

We have had such a good month so far. I can't believe we are already 1/2 of the way through September. Time is just seeming to fly by. The babies are so much fun these days. We have been getting out to do things in this beautiful fall weather. How lucky have we been with this fantastic weather. I am finally at the point that I can say I am LOVING my job. Being a stay at home Mom is much harder than any job I have ever had but is also the most rewarding (I know cliche) but it's true for me.  I can honestly say that my days are now filled with mostly fun and not nearly as much frustration & exhaustion, as many of the early days were. The first year with twins was pretty crazy but I am starting to feel like all of our hard work is paying off. I feel like a normal person again and we are all getting lots of sleep!!! They are so funny right now and just make me laugh all day long. We are in full football swing and I actually really don't mind having it on all the time at our house. It is nice family time to spend together. Jerame has season tickets to the Seahawks so he is pretty pumped for that & I might be able to swing a few games with him. The leaves are already starting to fall at our house and I have to say I hate all the leaves we get in our yard but I do LOVE fall! This also means my Bday is right around the corner and I am amazed that this is my last 20 something Bday I will have. Crazy. I don't feel that old?!!! 
We had a visit from Jer's Dad last weekend which is always fun. We ate a lot, visited, played with babies and best of all drank our beloved tequila together. I have had a few nights out with the girls which has been new & nice. I finally feel like I can go out again like a normal person because I know I will get a goodnight sleep when I get home. Jerame & I had the pleasure to enjoy 'Cougar Football Saturday'  sans babies this last weekend. We had fun tailgating and going to the game (although they were awful & embarrassing!!!).  We were home by 10pm though so that is when we knew we are getting older!!  We have a lot more planned for the month and I am going to soak up every last bit of the sunshine before it leaves us until next year!!!!! 
I am finally getting latches installed on my cabinets tomorrow. I am SO excited. We will finally be able to use our drawers again and will not have to deal with finger smashing on a daily basis! 

Girls night for Jeanne's bday
Cougar Football Saturday! 
We went to Sydney's 1 year Bday yesterday, it was 
at a park & so much fun for the babies. 



Carter has learned out to crawl up onto the couch
by himself. I think it might take a few tumbles for him
to understand how to get off correctly though?!! 
Chloe is still obsessed with Daddy

They love their cars. We go for drives down our driveway.
Papa Paul's visit 
Papa Paul and a few of his girls! 
Carter at the Park 
Nana & Chloe 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun. I'm so glad to hear that maybe things get easier down the line :). I just can't believe all of the stuff babies can do (and get into) at the twins age, it's amazing! You look so pretty too, such a Yummy Mummy! x

Tara Holmes said...

your family is the cutest. i love hearing how life gets more fun and everyone gets proper sleep too. you look amazing!