Friday, September 25, 2009

Teething is no fun

C & C are in full teething mode again poor babes. I was really confused as to what had gotten into them this week because they have both been doing a lot of  whining and I realized that they are both cutting their 1 year molars along with a few other teeth each. Their gums are all red and sore looking. I can't imagine what it must feel like for them . They both got their first teeth around 6 months or so and then we have had a break since then. So here we go again, I guess. Ugh. 

We are also in the process of really trying to ween them from using a bottle. Carter is doing well but Chloe is a bottle girl. She shakes her head NO at the sippy cup when we try and give it to her and points to the cabinet we keep the bottles in. Oh dear! I didn't realize quite how attached they were to the bottle until we have started the process of trying to take it away. It has been tough and hard to know if we are doing the right thing sometimes. Our Ped told us that it's really a good idea to be completely done with bottles by 15 months...we are determined to get there it is just going to be a process for us.  There are certain things about raising kids that I wish there were clear cut answers for it's so hard sometimes to know if you are doing the right thing. I guess all you can do is love them through every step of the way. 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, Katie-I can't imagine! You are such a great Mommy and I am so lucky to have you to learn from as it sounds like these are very tricky times. Just keep listening to your instincts as to what is right for you and the babies and I'm sure everything will work it's way out as it should. So what if it's 16 mos and not 15, you know? xxx

Unknown said...

Both of the twinnies still have bottles at night and in the morning. they probably could go without but they refuse to drink milk out of a sippy cup. they still have binkies too. I do whatever to survive. I sometimes don't listen to the dr on things like that. Ur doing a good job!