We had our 2nd apt at the Maternal Fetal Medicine clinic on Thursday it went good, it was very long ... 3 hours! They did extensive measuring on both babies, everything from the bones to the organs. Both babies weigh aprox 6oz & are about 4 1/2 inches. They confirmed again that yes they are definitely a boy & a girl. After my 2 hour ultrasound I met with our Perinatologist, these doctors have I think 4 to 5 years additional obstetrical training and focus specifically on higher than normal risk pregnancies. This was the first time I got to meet this Dr. and I talked with him for about an hour. Jerame actually had to leave during the ultrasound because he had meetings to get to….we were not expecting such a long visit. I was very pleased with how through & professional he was, he was so knowledgeable on twins pregnancies and gave me lots of useful information. He said that our babies look perfect so far but that they are just a little on the small side. Nothing to be concerned about yet because I still have a lot of time to bulk them up :-). He pretty much just told me that my body type really isn't set-up to have twins so I'm going to have to work extra hard to accommodate them. I have been instructed to pick up the pace with calorie and protein intake. So I'm back on the protein shakes, I think I will need to drink at least 2 to 4 a day depending on what else I am able to get down. We go back for our next ultrasound in 3 weeks, it is so crazy how often we get to see our little babies jumping and swimming around on the screen. It is hard to believe that soon we will have both a son and a daughter….we already love them so much and feel so incredibly blessed. I can already tell the boy is going to be a little tease, he is constantly bumping and squishing the girl…..it's hard to tell if they are aware of eachother it seems like they would have to be. I have started feeling some movements but it's kind of hard to tell and if I'm not really paying attention I don't think I even notice. They are very inconsistent, today I think I have felt the most moving around yet. The Dr. told us that in the next couple of weeks their movements will become unmistakable. We ordered our cribs today! It felt so good to get a start on things. I am slightly daunted by all we have to do to prepare for two babies, it's hard to even know where to start!
The Boy, Baby B

The Girl, Baby A
No comments:
Post a Comment