



The twinnies are 3 weeks old today. The days are all melding together and seems like one big blur. We have heard before from twins parents that they don't even really remember the 1st year because things are so hectic. I can totally see why they say that now. Having two infants is really a lot of work and it really takes two people to make it seem manageable. I have been left with the twins just a few times for 3-4 hour stretches and by the time Jerame gets home from work I am in tears and feel like I want to pull my hair out. I think it's just a combination of not leaving the house for days/weeks on end....it's enough to make a new Mom feel like she's going crazy! Tonight I'm meeting up with some girlfriends for happy hour. Jerame has been pushing me to go and do something like that for the past few days. He is such a wonderful support. I might even have a full glass of wine!

The babies are doing wonderful. They are just precious little buggers. Chloe is still our sassy baby and is only happy when she's being held or thinks she's being held. She likes the bottle better than breastfeeding but we are still working on it. Carter is happy if he's full and spends the other part of the days/nights sleeping. He is so easy! I guess I shouldn't say that too soon because things could change quickly I'm sure. We are so in love with our babies and thankful they are so healthy. I just can't kiss them enough. I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks when my c-section heals more. I will be able to start doing things that are more active. Right now I am still not supposed to lift anything heavier than the babies which makes taking them anywhere by myself impossible. I am actually looking forward to trying to take them somewhere by myself. Maybe we will start by taking them for a walk around the neighborhood :-). Baby steps. Love and thanks to everyone for all the help...we could not do this alone. We are open to visitors so please come by anytime I'm here!
1 comment:
It seems like your doing such a good job!!! The first few months is awful, but TRUST ME, it gets sooooo much easier!!! They are adorable!!! It's good to get some alone time, probably the most important thing.
Post a Comment