Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 11

Time is going by very quickly, the days just seem to fly by. I really don't even know what we do all day but before I know it it's time to eat dinner....which we don't normally get around to until 9pm. Since coming home from the hospital our days have consisted of feeding, changing diapers and trying to get some sleep here and there. Taking care of two newborns is proving to be the most challenging thing Jerame & I have ever done. I think the hardest part is just the the pure lack of sleep...I think it's enough to make most people feel like they are going a little nuts. Jerame is going back to work tomorrow which I new was coming but can't help but feel just a little bit panicked about how I'm going to handle it on my own. Thankfully my Mom is taking some time off this week and will stay with us so Jerame can get some sleep at night and help me out with the twins during the days. It is going to be an adjustment. Saturday I took my first trip out of the house alone and went to the drug store and went to get a pedicure. It was nice to get out of the house for a bit....although I don't really feel like a normal person yet. Sort of feel like I'm in a daze. Everyone tells me it will take a little bit to feel like myself again...once again I think its a combo of lack of sleep and hormones. We are both 100% exhausted.
The babies are doing great and are just precious & healthy little things. They have completely different personalities. Carter is a good sleeper and eater. He is pretty content most of the time. When he gets mad he is mad but is easily consoled by being held or eating. Chloe is a little more whiny and does not like to lay still. The only way we are getting her to sleep at night is in her bouncy chair or in the swing. It's funny Chloe looks a lot like me (identical to me when I was a baby) & Carter looks like Jerame. I think their personalities mimic us a bit too....it's so wild to think we created these little babies. We love them so much. Both babies love to sleep all day long but by the time the sun goes down they are ready to party. Pretty typical of newborns I think. Tough on parents though. We are getting through the days right now because we have had so much help from family. It feels like it takes an army around here to get most things done. Thank goodness we have one I can't imagine getting through this first part without help. Hopefully I will get a chance to write again soon. It's so hard to find the time.



2 comments:

Melis said...

I love that black and white picture, so precious! I have Wednesday and Thursday off this week so if you want help Wed night/Thursday I can! :) Miss you and the babies!

alex said...

Katie- Hang in there girl! I know how hard it is with no sleep and can only imagine how much harder with two. Things only get easier and better and better as time goes by. Give it a couple months and you'll have it all figured out. Your doing great! They are absoluetly adorable! Honestly, let me know if you need any help. Cole and I are at home and would love to hang out and help. We get bored by ourselves too!! Hope to hear from you soon.

Alex