When people ask me what the twins schedule is I really can't give them a good answer at this point. Each day and night just seem to vary so much. I mean don't get me wrong they have an eating
schedule which is a bottle every 3 hours or so but when they eat those bottles just totally depends on how the previous nights adventures went and when they got up that morning. For a little while there both babies were sleeping really well but then they got a cold and it has all seemed to get messed up from there. Just when I thought we were getting into the swing of things they have reminded us yet again who is calling the shots. All the books say you can start doing the cry-it-out method at 4 months old. But really can anyone really do that? I think I would rather sleep on the nursery room floor than listen to our babies 'cry themselves to sleep'. Also since we have the babies in the same room I just don't really know how that would work considering more often than not one of them is calm & willing to go to sleep while the other is fighting it with all their might. Carter has been the most difficult to settle down at night lately. Once we finally get him to sleep he will more than likely wake up screaming within an hour or so. It is normally just as I have drifted off to sleep myself that I am awakened by a screaming baby! So I run my way down to their room and try to scoop him up before he wakes up Chloe. Then I
normally bring him back to lay in bed with me for what has now turned into the majority of the night. This has been going on for the past couple of weeks now, I know it's turning into a bad habit! It just seems so much
easier at 1:00am to put him in bed with me where I know he will sleep rather than getting up a handful more times to comfort him as he wakes up crying every 20 minutes. I have to admit though he is so
cuddly to sleep with sometimes I don't really mind! So for now I guess I will just settle with having a sleeping buddy. I know this along with every other little thing we have experienced with the
twinnies is just a phase that will pass.
Now onto more exciting things! Carter has discovered this week that he has feet...as you can see in several of the pics below. He is constantly trying to get them into his mouth, it is hilarious. Chloe discovered this week that she can scream. She screams when she is both happy & sad! Such a girl...just sassy as can be! I got a really fun video of her screaming while smiling ear to ear. I will post that later. What a little stinker. I went out to lunch with my Mom & Brother earlier in the week and Chloe screamed just to scream for a good portion of the lunch! Shoot :-) It's pretty funny though so I find myself laughing at her which I think already encourages her to do it more. Both babies are on the
verge of rolling over from their back to their tummy. They are both swinging their legs over and to the side all the time. We are thinking about trying some rice
cereal this week too, I can't wait! They are discovering
each other more and more each day. They are reaching for one another and will try to grab for toys that the other one is holding. Sometimes if they are laying next to
each other they will just play with
each others hands and try to get them in their mouths its really pretty funny.
Next week they will turn 5 months old...where is the time going?!!!


4 comments:
bumbo chairs yay! They're getting so big!
I know it's hard to let them cry, but trust me...it's worth it bc they actually don't do it for a long time and soon enough they'll just fall asleep. My kids go through phases, they'll sleep perfectly for a few weeks, but they still get up sometimes in the middle of the night. Just when you think you have a routine....teething starts. ahhHH!! We have a good bedtime routine...dinner at 5;30, playtime, then at 7 we start bathtime, then they are in bed no later than 8pm. It's my favorite time of day!! having twins is so much better, could you imagine having to do the newborn thing all over again?? Chloe and Carter are getting so big!!! very cute:))
They are not little babies anymore! Tell them to stop growing!
Oh my gosh, look at how much they have grown! Cute how Carter is grabbing his feet in every picture! This is the fun age, isn't it-they are really coming into themselves. Love you lots x
Post a Comment